Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Keep it Simple Silly


My absolute favorite salad as a kid was always the classic house salad served in American-Italian restaurants. There was always a handful of iceburg lettuce, a few thinly cut cucumber slices, tomato wedges, strings of red onion, some carrot shavings, a sprinkle of parmesan and a really tangy olive oil/red wine vinegar dressing. Now that i'm grown up and can make my own salads, I created my own version of this simple classic - removing the ingredients I didn't love (tomato) and replacing them with ones that I did (heart of palm). This can be whipped up in literally two minutes, goes with most everything and always tastes just as good as the salads in my childhood memories.

Simple Salad
Chopped romaine, handful of chopped red onion, 1 can of heart of palm - chopped, shavings of 1 carrot and grated parmesan.

Dressing
Olive oil, lemon, red wine vinegar, salt , pepper and lots of dried oregano

0 comments:

Post a Comment