Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Don't Hate Me because I Am Beautiful...


....and tasty! This simple salad can really spruce up a plate - with the orange of the carrot, green of the lettuce and beige of the beans all working together in a perfect palette for Fall.

Rocket, Carrot, Butter Bean, Parmesan Salad
First I lightly steam the sliced carrots. Then I saute them in a little olive oil and salt and spice them with either a dash of cumin or a dash of allspice - depending on my mood. Cumin if I am feeling particularly bubbly and energized and allspice if I want to put on an air of mystery.
The i'll mix that in with the rocket base lettuce, 1 can of butter beans and some sliced parmesan.

For the Dressing:
Olive Oil, Juice of 1 Lemon and Salt and Pepper to taste.

0 comments:

Post a Comment