Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Turn Up the Temp!

Salads don't always have to be cold. Looking for a compliment with a rotisserie chicken, I decided to use the vegetables I would normally throw into a chicken pie - and just minus the pie....a perfect and healthy combination.

Three Bean, Potato, Baby Carrot, Corn, Green Bean and Leek Salad
To make this salad I lightly steamed the potato, carrot and green beans. In a saucepan, I then sauteed the steamed veggies along with a chopped leek in some olive oil. I added a teaspoon of mustard, a dash of white wine, a few sprigs of fresh thyme and fresh oregano, as well as salt and pepper. I did not steam or saute for very long so that the vegetables would still have a slight crunch to them. When this was finished I mixed, in a salad bowl, the vegetables along with a can of three bean mix and a can of corn kernels. My local grocery sells a great can of three bean mix which includes chick peas, pinto and white bean.
Most of the dressing has been done in the saute but I like to add just a little more olive oil and the juice of one lemon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment