Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Experimenting is not always a disaster....


Experimenting with an untested hair dye or a big karate chop kick in the air that could potentially throw out your back is usually not recommended, but when it comes to bean, lettuce and veggie combos I say let the culinary games begin! I was surprised at how much I liked this salad and my better half was surprised at how much of it I could eat - I made myself a little science project using whatever I had in the cupboard and the fridge and viola - a new fav was born!

Romain, Rocket, Spinach, Black Eyed Peas, Steamed Cauliflower, Steamed Green Beans, Carrot, Red Onion and Quinoa Salad
Depending on the serving size, try to get an equal mix of the base lettuce, 1 can of BEP, a handful of steamed cauliflower and green beans, 1 carrot, 1/4 red onion and 1 cup quinoa.

For the Dressing:
Olive Oil, Juice of 1 Lemon, 1 tablespoon of Pesto, 1 tablespoon of Olive Tepenade, and Salt to taste.

0 comments:

Post a Comment