Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tried and True Fav - An Unexpected Crowd Pleaser



This salad is my absolute favorite and my trusty stand by. It's the one I bring to a potluck, it's the one I try to impress new friends with, it's the one I crave most often. And who would have guessed that grandma's cabbage could taste so darn good! It's crispy, it's minty and the combo of toasted sesame oil and cumin are sure to be a crowd pleaser (well, if I am in the crowd anyway).

Cabbage, Chick Peas (Garbnazo Beans), Heart of Palm and Mint
Chop the green leaf cabbage into small edible bites. Throw in a can of chick peas and chop the heart of palm into bite size pieces as well. Then add a healthy dose of chopped up mint.
(The photos above are without the chick peas because I didn't have any in the cupboard)

For the Dressing:
Toasted Sesame Oil, Juice of 1 Lemon, Apple Cider Vinegar, a very healthy dusting of powdered cumin and salt to taste.

0 comments:

Post a Comment